News briefs for March 12

Lenten Outreach curbside collection

Today until March 30, Campus Ministry will be collecting donations for the Lenten Outreach on Monarch Way and on campus. Campus Ministry is collecting non-perishable food items and grocery store gift cards for the food drive. Students can earn up to five service hours by bringing in donations. One hour is awarded per bag of groceries or per gift card. Donations will be accepted and dropped off at any time through March 30 at the Campus Ministry building. However, curbside collection will only happen every Monday and Friday before both morning and afternoon classes.

Boys soccer game against Los Alamitos

This afternoon, varsity boys soccer will take on Los Alamitos High School at Great Park in Irvine at 3 p.m.. This is the varsity soccer team’s fourth game of the season since kicking off competition on March 2. They currently have a record of 2-1, with their only loss to JSerra in their first game of the season.

All-league football meeting on Saturday

Tomorrow morning, the coaches and athletic directors from all the schools in the Trinity League will meet for an all-league football meeting at St. John Bosco High School at 9 a.m. to discuss the upcoming season. Since the official announcement regarding the start of football season on Feb. 23, the Trinity League has finalized its schedule and is set to begin competition next Friday.