All-School Halloween Activities

Weston Gray, Arts & Entertainment Editor

Pumpkin-spice flavored beverages, jack-o-lanterns on doorsteps, and horror movie marathons on TV can only mean one thing: Halloween is right around the corner! The question that ensues though is how exactly does Mater Dei celebrate one of the best holidays of the year?

Mater Dei invites its students to partake in the Halloween activities on Fri., Oct. 30 by dressing up in a fun and festive costume. However, make sure you dress up according to the following guidelines set by the administration:

• Your costume must be Christian decent. Make sure it’s not offensive to anyone or immodest in taste.
  • Costumes must be identifiable. Your costume has to be a recognizable character or have a clear concept behind it. Shirts and a t-shirt does not count as a “surfer.”
  • No cross-dressing. Boys must be dressed as boys and girls must be dressed as girls.
  • No masks. Students cannot wear masks or other articles that obscure their faces.
  • No hoods. Hoods that cover the sides and top of the student’s head cannot be worn.
  • No fake blood. Students cannot apply fake blood that is sticky or drippy. An acceptable alternative to this is simply using red marker or makeup.
  • No weapons – real or fake. Students cannot break any weapons or props that resemble weapons to school as part of their costume.

Make sure to follow these rules and use your imagination to come up with a great costume. There will be a costume contest at both lunches, so effort will definitely count. Prizes will be given to unique and original costumes. Also at lunch, there will be a contest that awards whoever guess the amount of candies in a candy jar, or whoever gets the closest.