All-School Christmas Activities and Spirit Week

Weston Gray, Arts & Entertainment Editor

The days are getting shorter, the air is getting colder, and people are decorating their homes and hanging up lights. This can only mean one thing: Christmas is right around the corner! Everyone knows that Christmas is one of the most anticipated holidays of the year, so Mater Dei invites all faculty and staff to celebrate this year from Dec 14 to 18. To get everyone in the holiday spirit, students will be allowed to dress up to certain themes every day of the week. In addition, there will be special events on certain days. Here’s all the info:

Monday: Christmas Hats and Socks

Students are permitted to wear Christmas themed hats and socks with their normal school uniform. Hats must be taken off indoors.

Tuesday: Polar Express

Students can dress up as though they are taking a trip to their favorite snowy locale! This includes polar jackets and scarves. Students may wear jeans if they are dressing up according to the theme.

On Tuesday morning, ASB will be serving hot chocolate to all faculty and students who choose to dress up that day.

Wednesday: Jeans and Christmas Shirt

Students are allowed to wear jeans along with shirts that are red, green or a combination of the two colors.

At lunch on Wednesday there will be a Minute-to-Win-It Christmas Tree Wrapping contest! Come by and enter to wrap a friend up and win.

Thursday: Star Wars Dress

To celebrate the release of the newest Star Wars movie, “The Force Awakens,” students can dress up as their favorite Star Wars character! (Please leave your light sabers at home, no masks or weapons permitted!)

At lunch there will be a contest to decide who has the best costume.

Friday: Christmas Sweater

Wear a fun and festive Christmas sweater on this minimum day to get ready for the chilly vacation. Or, if you want, wear an ugly Christmas sweater!

After school, everyone is invited to the MD Grotto for a Christmas blessing and a snowy surprise!