Spring Concert Spotlight

Jaden Marquez, Staff Writer

The spring concert on March 17, 2017 at the Segerstrom Preforming Arts Center, showed the Mater Dei Choral program’s enhanced music talent.

“The fact of how seamlessly everything runs is a very good example of the work ethic,” Keri Bello, father of a performer, explained.

The spring concert is held every year at the Our Lady Queen of Angels Church, and always seems to impress the audience and showcases the talent in the choral program. Many performers in the choir are a part of the program all four years of high school, advancing through the more progressive choirs. This shows the love and devotion students have for the arts of the school.

“The choir every year grows more diverse and advanced with the performers, music pieces, and performances,” said sophomore Nick Van Dalsem. “This year’s experience especially, has been the most successful and enjoyable choral year for my love and growth of singing.”

Another aspect about the Mater Dei Choir is the ability to constantly try new songs and styles and continue to astound the crowd. The excellent teaching from the head instructors never fails to amaze the audience, and the choral program continues to have such a prestigious role in the school.

“Mainly, we have some cool different literature repertoire to sing and perform, like the chamber singers are doing an opera piece which they have never done before,” said Justin Miller, Director of Choral Music.