Student Spotlight: Meagan Rood

Emma Moore, Editor-in-Chief

Stories of monarchs past and present have been published explaining why they have been nominated or received acclamation or awards. Now, take a look, in depth, at what makes ordinary students extraordinary.

Meagan Rood, a junior at Mater Dei High School, has found a knack for calligraphy drawings. Whether it is on the iPad, or good old-fashioned pen and paper, she is able to share her creative abilities by means of widely known song lyrics.

“The imagination and creativity of Walt Disney inspires me everyday to be a unique individual, and I think that mentality is shown through my letterings.” Rood said.

Meagan is the Vice President of Disney club and has come to know Disney as a very special part of her life.

“I like doing letterings of Disney quotes because I thought that they were a good place to start, seeing as how I like Disney so much…” said Rood.

These masterpieces provide Rood with solace and relief from the stress of the everyday life on an AP student.  

If you have not seen Rood’s lettering yet, they can be easily recognized by distinct features such as highlighted letters, thin cursive print, and of course…Disney lyrics.

“I’ve adopted many features that other people use for their letterings that I thought were fascinating.” Rood said.

The styles that she has incorporated into her own work have allowed her to create beautiful works of art that bring joy to not only the heart, but the Disney lover in all of us.