News briefs for Monday, May. 6

Ellie Crabbe, Content Editor/ Digital Manager

Visual arts program recognizes outstanding work in annual Art Show

This week, the visual arts program is showcasing works from students of all grades in the Monarch Pavilion during the annual Art Show. The show features different types of media such as photography, painting, drawing, ceramics and other digital artwork. The showcase is open during lunch and after school until Thursday.

Summer iPad checkout offered for returning students

The Tech Hub will be offering summer iPad checkout to all returning students until May 17. This option allows students to have access to their iPad for academic purposes during summer vacation. In order to check out your iPad, required documents must be submitted, iPads must updated to at least iOS 12, students must be registered for the 2019-2020 school year, and all iPad backups must be up to date. Because of AP exams, the Tech Hub is temporarily located in Campus Ministry until this Friday.

Last day to buy a yearbook is May 10

Yearbook sales will conclude this Friday. This year’s book features memorable moments, sporting events, and performances. To purchase a yearbook, visit the Jostens website or bring any method of payment to the yearbook adviser, Alexa Sueiras, for $175 in room 204. A limited supply of books will also be on sale during yearbook distribution the week of May 20.

Students will showcase talents at Coffeehouse on May 11

On Saturday at 6 p.m., the choral and instrumental music programs will perform in the 15th annual Coffeehouse that will feature Beach Boys favorites. Ticket prices are $10 per person. VIP tickets cost $50 and include dinner.