Winter Formal: Pre-and Post-Dance Food Ideas

In-n-Out is a popular food place anytime of the day.

Jacqueline Taeubel, Campus Life Writer

February 21 is nearing which only means one thing: Winter Formal. With all the stress of finding a date and the perfect outfit, there is little time to plan where to eat. But don’t worry because the perfect pre- and post- eateries aren’t hard to find.

Pre-Food Options

SOL Cocina

“It’s casual and the food is great,” said sophomore Claire Trotter.

SOL Cocina is an authentic Mexican restaurant in Newport Beach. The restaurant is casual and overlooks the water. If you’re looking for an eatery with reasonable prices and tasty food, this is definitely the place for you. Its convenient location is another asset. SOL Cocina is also only eight minutes away from Galaxy View Park, a popular site for pictures. If you have a big party, it would be best to make a reservation by calling (949)-675-9800.

SOL Cocina
251 E Coast Hwy
Newport Beach, CA  92660

Cucina Enoteca

“It’s super delicious and only medium expensive. It’s the perfect place to treat my date to a nice meal,” said junior Alden Hodgdon.

If you’re looking for a more formal sit-down dinner, Cucina Enoteca is the perfect option. The Italian-inspired urban restaurant serves a wide range of appetizers, pizza, and pasta, as well as a few different options of chicken and steak. Cucina Enoteca not only provides both indoor and outdoor seating, but also has community table seating, a major plus for big Homecoming parties. Cucina Enotica has locations at both Fashion Island in Newport Beach and the Spectrum in Irvine.

Cucina Enoteca
532 Spectrum Center Dr
Irvine, CA 92618
or
951 Newport Center Dr
Newport Beach, CA  92660-6944

Post-Food Options

Finding a place to eat after Winter Formal can be the perfect ending to magical night in Monte Carlo. For a simple and affordable meal, head to your favorite fast food restaurants. A classic option is the one and only In-N-Out.

In-N-Out

“In-N-Out is good no matter what time of the day,” said junior Ronan Ferrentino.

First opened in 1948, In-N-Out is a popular late night food choice. The classic fast-food restaurant serves the basics–burgers, fries, and shakes–with the highest quality. In-N-Out is a go-to option not only because of its inexpensive prices (a hamburger costs only $2.05) and delicious food, but also because of its convenient location. In-N-Out is a quick, easy and cheap stop for those who need food after a night full of dancing. There is no doubt that Mater Dei students will be there, so hurry up before the drive-thru line gets too long! 

In-N-Out

594 W. 19th St.

Costa Mesa, CA 92627