All You Need to Know About Next Year’s ASB Officer Officers

All You Need to Know About Next Years ASB Officer Officers

The ASB officers for the 2016-2017 school year have been elected. On Feb. 6, the Mater Dei student body casted their votes for their new student leaders. This election was unlike any other that Diana Neustadt, Director of ASB, has seen since her involvement in student leadership at Mater Dei.

“Never [have I seen an election like this]. Only one office before that had one person running [unopposed]. Never three at once,” Neustadt said.

This year, the positions for ASB President, Vice President and Secretary only had one candidate. The position for Treasurer had two candidates. This gave a total of five candidates, the least Mater Dei has seen. Despite this, the candidates who ran unopposed were still required to campaign.

“They have been told to still go out and meet the students. They will still have their speech on MDTV,” said Neustadt.

Although so few people ran, Neustadt still encouraged the students to log into EduBallot and vote.

Meet your 2016-2017 ASB Officers

ASB President
Graham McGeeIMG_2834

Bio: McGee is currently the Junior Class President and was previously the Freshman and Sophomore Class President. He is also a member of the Mater Dei Choir.
Quote: “My number one goal for my year in ASB is to develop lasting relationships with everyone I interact with while setting the example for those around me.”  

ASB Vice President
Name: Alden Hogdgon

Bio: Hogdgon is currently the Junior Class VicePresident. He is also involved in theater and choir at Mater Dei.
Quote: “People should vote for me because not only am I a reliable, committed and hard working individual, but also because I have the best interest of Mater Dei High School in mind. I’m not running to spice up my college application, I am running to aid the student body.”

ASB Secretary
Name: Madeline Frank

Bio: Frank is currently the Junior Class Secretary and was previously the Freshman and Sophomore class secretary as well. She is a member of the Mater Dei Song Team and choir.
Quote: “I am running to create the best possible school environment. I want to make every student feel that their opinion matters and that they can be listened to.

ASB Treasurer
Name: Noah Cortez

Bio: Cortez is currently the Junior Class Treasurer and was previously the Sophomore Class Treasurer. He is part of the Mater Dei Choir and the Track and Field Team as a pole vaulter.
Quote: “While I can’t promise a lot of things for the school, I can promise that I will be someone that the students of Mater Dei will be able to relate to. I think that there’s this misconception that people like the ASB officers are higher than everyone else and that its just a title for a resume but I want to show that they are just regular students like everyone else. Being involved in ASB means being involved with the students, and that’s what I plan to be.”

Here are your 2016-2017 Class Officers

Senior Class Officers

President: Grant Anderson

Vice President: Ryan Haider

Secretary: Claudia Bays

Treasurer: Kevin Gaw

Junior Class Officers

President: Cami McDonnell

Vice President: Mateo Ramirez

Secretary: Caroline Menzia

Treasurer: Makenzie Frank

Sophomore Class Officers

President: Sophia Delgadillo

Vice President: Peyton Smith

Secretary: Cade Schobel

Treasurer: Joey Pang